My India, my pride.

My India, my pride.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Happy Republic Day!

           Couple of days back, suddenly I remember something... I went to the Book fair to cheer my students on  their success. After the award ceremony, my bosses said, "Teachers, you may enjoy now!"
So, along with my colleagues, went to check out what's new!  Everyone was in a  very good mood because we were going to get three days holiday before the hectic Sports event. I had a great time and enjoyed coffee along with my colleagues.

Suddenly saw a  banner of a news paper! That reminded me something...
"Hey girl, you used to write!" I used to write for that news paper ... Oh yes! Coming back, I asked my dad,
"Can you please suggest me something for the Republic day?" He was busy in watching Premier league matches. He said,
"Hmmm. Have to think!"
Well ,still I don't know what to write? Whether I should evaluate the system or postmortem the democracy or draw the same old cartoons based on corruption, exploitation, human rights  etc? 
Before that I remember couple of years a ago when I was jobless, that time I wrote so many things and asked a question to everyone,
"Is 26th jan, just a holiday to you?"
Most of the people said , "Yes!"
Now I can understand why they said that.

In fact I have also started thinking like them only.
When I ask people,"Why do we celebrate Republic day?"
Most of them can't answer, There are so many people who doesn't even know, what Republic day exactly is?  Last year my effort was to make children understand the worth of democracy. My cartoons helped me a lot in that case.
But after coming out of the school, when I saw the children picking garbage from the dust bin to earn money or the little tea stall boy, feel so helpless... Despite of being a teacher, can not do anything for them. In fact this is meaningless to teach them the worth of democracy.

  Political parties are busy in pulling legs of the ruling party. Ruling party is busy in defending themselves. I know I know They are busy, indeed. Before 26th, they have to prepare some good speech to address the nation. I don't know how many of us take those words seriously.

We won't  even question them,"What about our "democratic" rights?" "When the rape victims will get justice?" "When our brave soldiers who were brutally killed by Pak army will get justice?" "When the country will be corruption free?" "When we will get rid of inflation?"The same old boring questions..

I thought a lot... What to write.. What to write... A six years old kid  gave me the answer of every single question.
He came to me, gave me a picture of our tricolour .and said,
"Ma'am, you said, people usually remember their country on 26th Jan and 15th August only. see? I remember my country everyday because my India is in my heart!"
I am speechless....

Yes, my country is in my heart! Wishing you  Happy Republic day.





No comments:

Post a Comment