My India, my pride.

My India, my pride.

Friday, June 3, 2011

What a CHANGE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




I was a child when I first saw Sanyukta in my new school. She was my senior. A very smart, talented , sober and decent girl. I was impressed by her leadership quality. She was the class monitor. She was like any other senior but something which was exceptional about her-the truthfulness..

So many years have passed.We left those good old days of childhood behind. Now its the time to face the cruel ruthless world. In the journey from childhood to adulthood, I came across to so many people. So it was quite natural that the time abolished the name "Sanyukta " from my memory.

A couple of days ago, in the evening when I was watching the local news . The breaking news was,
"Sexual harassment in school."And shockingly the victim was none other than my senior Sanyukta. She was working in the leading boys' high school of the town. After the divorce she was coping with her lonely life and her colleagues tried to take advantage of her disaster.They gave her indecent proposals. When she didn't agree, they threatened her. Even her colleagues didn't help her. She told the press, "I'm not scared because I'm telling the truth."Its good to see that she still believes in truth.

"Truth" the word sounds so ridiculous nowadays.  "Sexual harassment" in the working place is so common & nothing new about it.Equality in employment is impaired when women are subjected to gender specific violence, such as sexual harassment in the working places.


Unlike the 18th/19th century women today's women are not confined within the four walls of the home.We are in the 21st century.  And the time has changed! But something never changes.-Just like a woman's life. In 18th /19 th century, they used to struggle for their freedom and today they are struggling for their dignity.

And undoubtedly its a shame to the so called "Civilized society".





No comments:

Post a Comment