My India, my pride.

My India, my pride.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm tired of the topic!
 Before we start, I must tell you some facts of our Constitution, especially for those who don't have any idea about that.
Part III of the constitution contains a long list of fundamental rights. The inclusion of the chapter "Fundamental rights" in the Constitution is in accordance with the trend of modern democratic thoughts,the idea being to preserve that which is an indispensable condition of a free society.The aim of having a declaration of such rights is that certain elementary rights,ex: right to "life", "liberty" "freedom of faith" and so on. Articles 14-18 "Right to Equality" to every citizen.

Have  I said "every citizen?"  If yes, then why we are in such condition?
I talking about the seats are reserved for Schedules Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Castes (based chiefly on caste at birth) in varying ratio by the central government and state government.
In central government funded higher education institutions, 22.5% of available seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (Dalit)and Scheduled Tribe (Adivasi) students (15% for SCs, 7.5% for STs). This reservation percentage has been raised to 49.5%, by including an additional 27% reservation for OBCs [10]. In AIIMS 14% of seats are reserved for SCs, 8% for STs. In addition, SC/ST students with only 50% scores are eligible. Educational institutions, Civil services, everywhere the same old story. I don't know like this how could you do justice or evaluate people?
Thousands of examples I can give you. I know someone who was so happy when she got a job in the High school. We were in the same school. I've an idea about her IQ. I laughed in my mind, 'what's she going to teach?' I remember I made a huge effort to get good marks in the Higher secondary exams. But it was so shameful to tolerate some second division holders "schedule caste" and "schedule tribe" people in our Zoology (Hons)'s classroom sitting besides us. What a shame!
This is the reason why I asked "every citizen?" If our Constitution promises quality then why such injustice with us? I mean we, the "general caste" people?

Isn't it  "double standardness"? Where is the "equality?" Politicians do everything for their vote bank; But why such injustice with us? Either in the Articles of the Constitution or the speeches of the politicians, everywhere the same old topic! "Protect the rights of the minorities and the lower caste people"etc.What about us? As because we belong to the upper caste, we are all "outcast". But why don't these people understand the evil effects of reservation on the society and the country?
In the near future, there will be nothing left for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment